Monday, May 9, 2011

Fire Ants

Let's go back to the painful day 3 years ago.  My brother had just gotten an ant farm for Christmas.  He had gotten fire ants (army ants) for the ant set.  My dad once had a ant farm and put the ants in but now he forgot how.  So when he did the ants crawled everywhere BUT the ant farm.  When we THOUGHT we got all of them my dad said "Ashlynn crawl on your hands and knees and look for ants."  I took the joke seriously and started to do it.  Then my right hand squished the last one and it stung me on my palm on the lump by my thumb.  It felt like fire had burnt me but it was worth it!  We had an Awesome Ant farm!

1 comment:

  1. I love ant farms and the best building ants are the red ones. Went I was your age Janene and I dug into a red ant hill with a shovel and collected the queen for our ant farm. I still remember how hard red ants bite!!! We loved watching our ants build until our brother, Dan, caused a terrible earthquake that destroyed most of our builders. You know how little brothers are. We love them more than the ants in our farms. If I find a good red ant hill sometime I'll let you know to bring a shovel.
    Love
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete